Fazylov Bakhtiyor Shukhratovich was elected chairman of the Federation, Karimov Shukurullo Khamidullaevich, veteran of Binokor club, was General Secretary. The Executive Committee and the Audit Commission of the Federation have also been formed.
The following strategic tasks of the Hockey Federation of Uzbekistan were outlined at the event:
- creation of a material-technical base for hockey in all regions of the country;
- promotion and popularization of a new sport among the general public;
- creation of children's and youthful hockey schools;
- holding the internal championship of the Republic of Uzbekistan in different age categories;
- the formation of national teams by age;
- integration of HFU into the structure of the International Hockey Federation (IHF), as well as cooperation with national federations of other countries.
Within the next five years, measures will be implemented to create the necessary conditions for the development of ice hockey in each of the 12 regions of the country. In particular, it is planned to build specialized sports complexes with hockey grounds for 500-1500 seats. In 2018, the construction of three similar complexes is planned - in Samarkand, Andijan and Karshi. Until the end of 2019 in the Tashkent region will be set up a suburban training base for organizing summer sports camps.
Already in 2020, the leadership of the FHU plans to organize a championship of Uzbekistan among club teams in five age categories from 7 to 16 years, and since 2022 - in the category of youth teams.
The impetus to the development of ice sports in Uzbekistan, including hockey, was given in January 2017, when, on the initiative of the head of state
Sh.M.Mirziyoyev in the capital of the republic began the construction of the first professional "Humo Arena" Ice Palace.
"Hockey will soon gain a high popularity and will win the love of the Uzbek people, because it is not only a dynamic and spectacular sport, but it also allows to develop in youth physical and moral health, to cultivate discipline, perseverance, focus on results and team cohesion," secretary of the HFU Sh.Karimov.
As a result of the conference, an approved package of constituent documents was sent to the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Uzbekistan for the state registration of the new Federation.