The Decree states that the Virtual reception of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan, even it had functioned in a relatively short period of time, it managed to become an effective mechanism of interaction of bodies of state power and administration, bodies of economic management, khokimiyats at all levels with the citizens, allowing to solve the most pressing problems of the population.
The analysis showed that the largest number of requests comes on the removal of barriers and obstacles to development of business entities, cancellation of departmental decisions that are contrary to the law, employment, health, access to bank credit, improve the quality of housing, communal and road services, judicial, law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
The Virtual reception has identified a number of systemic shortcomings in the organization of work of state bodies with complaints related to violations of the order and timing of their consideration, forms of formalism, bureaucracy and red tape.
In connection with the declaration of 2017 as the "Year of dialogue with people and human interests ", taking into account the numerous positive reviews of the population about the activity of the Virtual reception of the Prime Minister, for the purpose of practical approval of the principle "Not the people should serve the state bodies, but the public authorities should serve the people", the decree has instructed to establish:
- People's reception of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the basis of the Reception of citizens of the Administration of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- People's receptions of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regions and Tashkent city, as well as in each district and city (except cities of regional submission);
- Virtual reception of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The main tasks of People's receptions and Virtual reception are:
- organization of direct dialogue with the population, ensuring the functioning of qualitatively new and effective system of work with complaints, aimed at full protection of people's rights, freedoms and legitimate interests;
- creation of conditions for the unconditional implementation of the constitutional rights of citizens to appeal to the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Oliy Majlis, the office of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, government, public administration, judicial, law enforcement and controlling bodies, bodies of state authorities, other state organizations (further – state bodies) and bodies of economic management;
- the organization of full, objective and timely consideration of complaints submitted to People's and Virtual reception, in strict accordance with the Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On appeals of individuals and legal entities";
- implementation of system monitoring and control over consideration of submitted appeals;
- reception of individuals and representatives of legal entities with the participation of officials of state bodies and economic management, including through videoconferencing;
- broad use of modern information and communication technologies in the work with appeals through the introduction and maintenance of a unified electronic information system for input, synthesis, systematization and control over consideration of complaints.
In accordance with the decree, the Service for control and coordination of work with appeals of individuals and legal entities has been established in the structure of the Office of the President.
The Service has been entrusted with the following main objectives:
- development of proposals on improvement of law enforcement practice and legislation aimed at eliminating the causes and conditions of systemic violations identified in the consideration of appeals;
- ensuring the efficient organization and coordination of work, as well as normative-methodical and information-analytical support of the receptions;
- control and coordination of activities of state bodies and bodies of economic management on work with complaints, including through the organization of exit visits;
- development of measures to prevent offences in this sphere, ensure the inevitability of responsibility of the perpetrators;
- conduct continuous analysis to identify the causes and conditions of systemic disorders, giving rise to complaints;
- development and implementation of measures on further improvement of work with appeals, extension of open dialogue with citizens, strengthening public confidence in state bodies and the economic management bodies;
- regular submission of information to the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the status of state bodies and the economic management bodies with appeals;
- organization of systematic coverage of the results of work with complaints in the media.