The Ministry of Justice and UNDP on April 19 signed an agreement on the implementation of the project "Counteracting Corruption through Effective, Accountable and Transparent Institutions in Uzbekistan". The document was signed by Justice Minister Ruslan Davletov and UNDP Resident Representative Helena Fraser.
As reported by the press service of the Ministry of Justice, a three-year project with a budget in 8 million US dollars is a large-scale complex of measures to counter corruption and covers virtually all areas.
The project was developed by the Ministry of Justice and the General Prosecutor's Office in conjunction with the ministries and departments of Uzbekistan and UNDP.
It includes the following areas of cooperation:
- comprehensive analysis of national legislation on combating corruption, its improvement and adaptation to international standards, the country's obligations under international treaties in the field of combating corruption, with the mandatory participation of international experts;
- development and application of innovative methods of training civil servants aimed at improving their knowledge and skills in the field of combating corruption, organizing internships for studying the best practices of foreign countries in this field and subsequently implementing the acquired skills in the activities of organizations of Uzbekistan;
- technical assistance to organizations of Uzbekistan in order to carry out anti-corruption measures by equipping them with the
latest equipment and software, which facilitates the creation of an interactive dialogue between the state body and the citizen, simplification of the procedure for rendering public services to the population, reducing the level of bureaucracy when applying to state bodies, ensuring efficient workflow and transparency of public services to prevent corruption;
- formation of a culture of intolerance towards corruption in society through the use of new knowledge and advocacy technologies in support of anti-corruption efforts, the development of active interaction between the government, civil society and the private sector, the development and implementation of a unified media strategy and information campaigns aimed at promoting intolerance towards corruption in society;
- development of cooperation of Uzbekistan with international institutions to combat corruption, active participation in their activities, which should help solve problem issues on counteracting corruption posed to the state.