A large-scale reform on increasing the share of private sector and reducing government involvement in the country’s economy is being carried out in Uzbekistan.
The resolution No2340 dated April 28, 2015 “On Measures on increasing the share and significance of private ownership in the economy” envisages, in particular, the realization of 68 Share Holding companies’ Government shares to strategic foreign investors.
One such company is the FOTON Share Holding Company, which envisages the sales of part of its Charter Capital shares in the amount of 32,2% with the subsequent prospect of further increasing the volume of investments.
The Company has the status of a legal entity and operates on the basis of the country’s legislation and the Company’s Charter.
The main objective of the FOTON SHC is elaboration, introduction and development of new technologies and improving the level of its products’ competitiveness.
Major directions of the FOTON SHC include:
- Elaboration and manufacture of electronic output and integral microchips for radio-electronic equipment;
- Manufacture of household appliances based on radio electronics;
- Production of controlling cashbox machines.
The Company’s output is delivered for export and to Uzbekistan’s internal market.
The plant was established in 1941 on the basis of the Fryazino Electric Vacuum Device Plant (Moscow Region).
The Company owns the manufacturing technology of discreet and planar semiconductor diodes (more than 70 types), low-noise FET transistors and chips.
The production facilities make use of the following technologies:
- Plating silicon wafers with nickel and gold;
- Deposition of thin (5 microns thick) metal films;
- Spot welding;
- Creation of internal connections by means of thin (up to 100 microns thick) aluminum and gold wires;
- Transfer molding;
- Manufacture of metal-glass junctions;
- Manufacture of printed circuit boards.
Using these technologies provides an opportunity to produce highly profitable output combining in itself the best price-quality ratio.
The company has its own base for metalworking and tooling outfit.
Highly qualified personnel undergo training, retraining and qualification improvement training both at external specialized institutions and at the Company itself.
The economic growth of FOTON is based on:
- update of outdated technological structures and the diversification of production of new products that enhance the efficiency of production of earlier developed goods
- stable development of FOTON by further diversification of the structure of output with high added value
- the creation of new jobs and conditions conducive to the development of employees’ creative potential
- development of free production space.
Progress indicators provide financial stability and solvency of FOTON on a high level.
The quality of products is ensured by the international system ISO 9000 introduced to the company.
The Quality Management System of semiconductor device production is certified for compliance with ISO 9001: 2008 and has a certificate registered under number SVS.01.431.0544.14 dated October 10, 2014 until 2017.
The service of the chief metrologist of FOTON is accredited by the Uzbek Agency for Standardization, Metrology and Certification (Agency "Uzstandard"). Certificate №UZ.AMT.17.MAI.108 JN 24.03.2015
The period of validity – until March 24, 2020.
If you invest over $3 million in our company, FOTON will apply tax exemptions on profits, property improvement and development of social infrastructure, single tax payment, as well as provide incentives for mandatory contributions to the Republican Road Fund for five years.
Also, the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan provides for a number of other benefits for joint stock companies with foreign investment.
FOTON is ready for any type of cooperation.
Address: 13 Amir Temur Street, Tashkent 100047, Uzbekistan
Phone: (372) 233-42-30
Fax: (372) 236-14-54
For more information, please visit www oaofoton.uz, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org