The Head of our state pressed the symbolic start button of the new steam-gas unit with a capacity of 370 megawatts.
The first power unit of the enterprise was put into operation in 1963, the number of power units increased to 12 by 1971. The total installed capacity of the station is 1860 megawatts.
After commissioning of a new steam-gas unit, the station will generate an additional 2,6 billion kilowatt/hour of electricity and 110 thousand gigacalories of heat per year.
At a modern installation, the specific gas consumption for the generated electricity will be 223 g/kW/h, while at the operating power units this figure is almost twice as high. As a result, 350,9 million cubic meters of natural gas are saved every year.
A steam-gas turbine and generators of the American company “General Electric” were installed in our country for the first time in order to implement this project. Modern equipment is also brought from Belgium, Italy, Russia and other countries.
Products of domestic enterprises, including JSC “Uzkabel”, “Uzelektroapparat”, Chirchik Transformer Plant and others were widely used when implementing the project. This made it possible to significantly save currency and effectively use the attracted investments.
The operation of the steam-gas unit is fully automated.
Introduction of the installation allowed to ensure employment of many local young specialists. They improved their qualifications abroad and at Navoi TPP.
The President of our country noted that the use of energy-efficient technologies is the imperative of the time, it is necessary to implement more of such modern projects.